Last Updated: January 10, 2009
- Registration and Ordering - When attending our trade shows and other in-person events, participating in our customer webcasts, using our websites and signing up for certain selected services (such as free subscriptions and email newsletters), users must first register. During registration, users are required to give their contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number). For internal purposes, we use this information to communicate with users and provide requested services, and, for our website visitors, to provide a more personalized experience. We may also collect information about professional responsibilities of the user (such as job title, purchasing responsibilities, company information and professional certification). We use such information to improve our service, for marketing purposes and/or for industry reporting purposes.
Many of our products and services are free to subscribers who meet certain demographic criteria. Independent auditors may need to certify the eligibility of these subscribers. In order to do that, we may collect unique identifiers (such as mother's maiden name) that we disclose to the auditors strictly for industry reporting and audit verification purposes.
For our products and services that require payment, we may also collect financial data and credit card information (such as bank details, account name, number and expiration date), which is used for our purposes or our billing agent purposes only, and is not otherwise shared.
- Email Newsletters - If users wish to subscribe to our email newsletters, we ask for contact information (such as name, email address and phone number) and information about the subscriber's professional interests and responsibilities. We use this information in the same manner as we use contact information in the registration and ordering process described above. Recipients of our newsletters can unsubscribe using the instructions listed at the end of the email newsletter.
- Surveys and Offers - From time to time we invite our website users and other customers to provide information via surveys or offers. Participation in these surveys or offers is completely voluntary and the website user or other customer therefore has a choice whether to disclose requested contact information (such as name and mailing address) and demographic information (such as zip code or job title). In addition to the other uses set forth in this policy, contact information collected in connection with surveys and offers is used to notify the participants of various results and to monitor or improve the use of, and satisfaction with, the website or other Globacorp product or services. Subject to the given customer's preferences (as described in the "Permission" section below), such information may also be shared with third party sponsors or affiliates of such surveys or offers.
- Interactive Features - At some of our websites, we offer interactive and community features such as discussion boards, webcasts and user profiles. Note that all personal information sent or posted via such features becomes public information for which we are not responsible.
- Referral Program - If customers elect to use our referral service for informing an individual about our websites and services, we may ask them for the individual's name, job title and email address. Globacorp will store and use this information to send the individual an invitation and/or details of our offers. This information may also be used to provide details about our company and related products and services. The individual may contact us as specified in the referral message to request that no further communications be sent.
- Communications with Us - We have features where our customers can submit information to us (such as our feedback forms). Where such submissions include requests for service, support or information, we may forward them to our agents, as needed, to best respond to the specific request. In addition, we may retain emails and other information sent to us for our internal administrative purposes, and to help us to serve customers better. Please note that letters to the editor and similar submissions may be made public.
- Communications from Us, Service Updates, Special Offers - In order to best serve our customers, we may send updates that contain important information about our products and services. For example, we send new members a welcoming message, and verify password and username for our password-protected websites. We may also communicate with a customer to provide requested services and for account-related issues via email, phone or regular mail. In addition to such service and product essential messages, we offer our customers the option to receive information about our company, related products, services and special offers. Users, however, can choose not to receive these communications from us, as set forth in the "Permission" section below.
- Automatic Data Collection - Our websites, newsletters and, from time to time, certain other products and services have features that automatically collect information from customers, to deliver content specific to customers' interests and to honor their preferences. This information assists us in creating products and services that will serve the needs of our customers.
We also use an email delivery and marketing company to send emails (including newsletters) for which you have registered, or otherwise agreed to receive. Web beacons and cookies may be used in such email messages to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how customers use our websites and other products and services. For our internal purposes, we gather date, time, browser type, navigation history and IP address of all visitors to our websites. We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis and system administration, and to gather broad information about our user base.
We may combine information supplied by a customer at registration with website usage data to learn more about users and their preferences in the content of the website. We may use this information to tailor services to your interests or to contact you about offers from our business associates that may be of interest to you. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
- With Whom your Information is Shared - We may share (provide and receive) information about our customers with third parties, subject to the customer's preferences (as described in the "Permission" section below). Please note that information collected in connection with online webcasts, will be shared with the sponsor of the particular webcast(s) and/or seminar(s), subject to the given customer's preferences (as described in the "Permission" section below).
These sponsors will use the information according to their own privacy policies, and we urge participants to read those policies and be aware of their privacy practices before registering.
Finally, on occasion, we may provide targeted lists of names and offline and online contact information for marketing purposes to third parties, subject to our Permission policies, as described below, pursuant to which we give customers the option of not having their name or contact information disclosed to third parties.
Other than as set forth above, we do not share personally identifiable information with other companies, apart from those acting as our agents in providing our products and services, and which agree to use it only for that purpose and to keep the information secure and confidential. Also, our parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, entities into which our company may be merged, or entities to which any of our assets, products, websites or operations may be transferred, will be able to use personal information. We will also disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property. Users should also be aware that courts of equity, such as specific country bankruptcy courts, might have the authority under certain circumstances to permit personal information to be shared or transferred to third parties without permission. We may share aggregate information, which is not personally identifiable, with others.
- Correction / Updating Personal Information - If information you have submitted to us changes, or if you no longer desire our products and/or services, we have provided a way to correct or update your personal data. You may either contact Customer Support for the applicable product or service or, to change your preferences, complete the "Feedback" page as described in the "Permission" section below.
- Permission - Our customers are given the opportunity to choose whether to receive information from our affiliates and us not directly related to the product or service for which they registered (or which they otherwise agreed to receive). As set forth in the "With Whom your Information is Shared" section above, customers also have the opportunity to choose whether to have personal information shared with third parties for marketing purposes. Customers can also go to our "Feedback" page at any time to change their preferences. Please note that we have a number of brands and products. You may choose to opt out of certain brands and products selectively or for all our lists. Your choice to resubmit your email address and contact details to us will also reset your privacy preferences.
Please note that we will endeavor to implement your permission requests within a reasonable time, although for a time you may continue to receive mailings, etc., transmitted based on information released prior to the implementation of your request. In addition, please note that even after such request is implemented, you will continue to receive information directly related to the product or service for which you registered (or which you otherwise agreed to receive), so you always are kept informed.
- Security - We use reasonable precautions to protect information about our customers while it is stored on our servers or in transit to our vendors processing on our behalf. Sensitive information that is transmitted to us online (such as credit card details) is encrypted and is transmitted to us securely. In addition, access to all of our customers' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- Links - Our websites contain links to other websites. Globacorp is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy policies of each website to which we may link that may collect personally identifiable information.
- Children - Globacorp websites are not directed at individuals less than sixteen (16) years of age, and Globacorp does not intend to collect any personally identifiable information from such individuals.
For all other questions concerning the practices of this website or any dealings with Globacorp Developments International, contact us at: